The Boerne ISD is not accepting applications at this time. Please monitor our website for updates.
Application Process: First, complete a Substitute application and two-page Criminal History Check. If you are a certified teacher, provide a copy of your teaching certificate. If you are degreed or have a minimum of 30 college hours, provide a copy of your transcript. Deliver or mail items to the Attn: Human Resources Office at 123 W. Johns Rd.
Note: Completing the substitute application does not guarantee a substitute teaching position.
- Application: Properly filled out and must include copy of social security card and current driver’s license(copies can be made at Central Office). Turn in at Boerne ISD Central Office.
- Pass a fingerprint background check: we will request a Fast Pass and mail it to the address on your application or via e-mail(fee for fingerprinting is the responsibility of the applicant)
- Pick up a second packet of forms, once you have completed the fingerprinting process.
- Once your forms are turned in, you will receive a letter in the mail for orientation date (please allow sufficient time) and will also be posted on the website.
- After introductory orientation you will be given instructions on how to register with the substitute system (SubFinder) and begin accepting jobs. If you are non-certified, there will be a half day observation that must be done before you are able to register.
WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT PROOF OF EDUCATION AND PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
Pay Scales for Substitutes:
- $70 a day- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 a day- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or other state, active or retired).
- $90 a day- Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment. Note: if you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom assignment rate is $70 a day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150/day. A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30 school days or more as counted from the first day of substituting. This assignment will be approved in advance by Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please email: Natalia.Snyder@boerne-isd.net