Boerne ISD is no longer accepting substitute teacher applications for the Fall 2016 semester.
Boerne ISD will hold a Substitute orientation and training session for those applicants who have submitted their applications and completed the fingerprinting process. The orientation/training session will be held on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at the Boerne ISD Administration Office located at 123 Johns Road, Boerne, TX 78006. The session will begin promptly at 1:00 p.m. Please be punctual.
Application Process: First, complete a Substitute application and two-page Criminal History Check. If you are a certified teacher, provide a copy of your teaching certificate. If you are degreed or have a minimum of 30 college hours, provide a copy of your transcript. Deliver or mail items to the Attn: Human Resources Office at 123 W. Johns Rd., Boerne, TX 78006.
Note: Completing the substitute application does not guarantee a substitute teaching position.
- Application: Properly filled out and must include copy of social security card and current driver’s license(copies can be made at Central Office). Turn in at Boerne ISD Central Office.
- Pass a fingerprint background check: We will request a Fast Pass and e-mail it to the e-mail address on your application or make arrangements to pick your Fast Pass up at the Central Office. Fee for fingerprinting is the responsibility of the applicant.
- After fingerprinting is complete, you attend the next orientation/training session and complete a 2nd packet of forms. You may pick up the 2nd packet at the District Office before orientation or youmay pick it up that day. Please watch the district website for date and time of orientation. There will be one seeion in the Fall and one in the Spring.
- The 2nd packet of forms will include a Direct Deposit and a TRS Insurance Enrollment form. The Direct Deposit form must go to your bank representative and the second section must be filled out and signed by the bank representative. The TRS Insurance Enrollment Form, whether declining or not, must be filled out and turned in. Please read the information provided in your 2nd packet which explains the TRS Insurance Enrollment Form.
Note: If you are non-certified, there will be a half day observation that must be done before you are able to register with AESOP.
WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT PROOF OF EDUCATION AND PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
Pay Scales for Substitutes:
- $70 a day- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 a day- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or other state, active or retired).
- $90 a day- Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment. Note: if you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom assignment rate is $70 a day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150/day. A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30 school days or more as counted from the first day of substituting. This assignment will be approved in advance by Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org