The Boerne ISD is now accepting substitute applications for the 2014 - 2015 school year. You may pick up an application at the Central Office or download below. Please continue to monitor the website for information and updates.
Requirements of employment for substitute teacher:
- Turn in Application at Boerne ISD Central Office
- Complete Required Forms
- Half day classroom observation
Pay Scales for Substitutes:
- $70 a day- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 a day- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or other state, active or retired).
- $90 a day- Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment. Note: if you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom assignment rate is $70 a day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150/day. A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30 school days or more as counted from the first day of substituting. This assignment will be approved in advance by Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please (830) 357-2071.