The Boerne ISD is now accepting substitute applications for the 2014 - 2015 school year. The application pool will be closed on August 18, 2014. If you have not completed all the forms necessary by the close date, you will not be considered for substituting.
NOTE: Substitute training will be September 2, 2014 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm.
Location: Central Office 123 W. Johns Rd, Boerne, Tx 78006
**TRAINING IS ONLY FOR NEW SUBSTITUTES!**
Requirements of employment for substitute teacher:
- Turn in Application at Boerne ISD Central Office
- Complete Required Forms
- Half day classroom observation
Pay Scales for Substitutes:
- $70 a day- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 a day- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or other state, active or retired).
- $90 a day- Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment. Note: if you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom assignment rate is $70 a day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150/day. A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30 school days or more as counted from the first day of substituting. This assignment will be approved in advance by Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please (830) 357-2071.