Boerne ISD is accepting substitute teacher applications for a November Orientation and Training session. Please download the application below and once completed, bring into the Boerne ISD Central Office at 123 Johns Road, Boerne, TX 78006 along with your drivers license and social security card.
Note: This Orientation and Training session is contingent upon attendance. There must be significant attendance or the session will be cancelled.
Date and time or cancellation of the substitute training session will be announced here on our website. Please continue to monitor our website for further announcements.
Application Process: First, complete a Substitute application and two-page Criminal History Check. If you are a certified teacher, provide a copy of your teaching certificate. If you are degreed or have a minimum of 30 college hours, provide a copy of your transcript. Deliver or mail items to the Attn: Human Resources Office at 123 W. Johns Rd., Boerne, TX 78006.
Note: Completing the substitute application does not guarantee a substitute teaching position.
- Application: Properly filled out and must include copy of social security card and current driver’s license(copies can be made at Central Office). Turn in at Boerne ISD Central Office.
- Pass a fingerprint background check: We will request a Fast Pass and e-mail it to the e-mail address on your application or make arrangements to have you pick up your Fast Pass at the Central Office. Fee for fingerprinting is the responsibility of the applicant.
- You must pick up a 2nd packet of forms once you have turned in your application. Ensure that all forms are completed and signed. Please return the 2nd packet to the Central Office as quickly as possible. We will begin processing your application once both packets are reviewed.
- The 2nd packet of forms will include a Direct Deposit and a TRS Insurance Enrollment form. The Direct Deposit form must go to your bank representative. Your bank representative will complete the second section and sign the Direct Deposit form. The TRS Insurance Enrollment Form, whether declining or not, must be filled out and turned in. Please read the information provided in your 2nd packet which explains the TRS Insurance Enrollment Form.
Note: If you are non-certified, there will be a half day observation that must be done before you are able to register with AESOP.
WE ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT PROOF OF EDUCATION AND PROPER IDENTIFICATION.
Pay Scales for Substitutes:
- $70 a day- High School Diploma or its equivalent. Associates degree or a full degree from an accredited college.
- $80 a day- Hold a valid Teaching Certificate (Texas or other state, active or retired).
- $90 a day- Licensed nurse serving in a nursing assignment. Note: if you are a registered nurse serving in a classroom assignment rate is $70 a day.
- Certified teachers substituting in a long-term teaching position will be paid at the rate of $150/day. A long-term substituting position is one lasting 30 school days or more as counted from the first day of substituting. This assignment will be approved in advance by Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.